Burley in Wharfedale
BWCT ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING TUESDAY 4TH JANUARY 2022
CHAIR’S STATEMENT: SUMMARY OF TRUSTEES’ REPORT
- Registered charity and unlimited association
- Run by a committee of elected trustees (currently10)
- Membership currently 990 and open to any individual or organisation interested in promoting the Charity. Membership is annual or lifetime
- Fund and help organise the Christmas Lights and Christmas Markets
- Run the Annual Duck Race in the summer
- Manage the communal grounds at Scalebor Park, maintain and improve the playing fields for junior football and cricket and maintain the pavilion.
- Assist with funding of several village organisations including the Scouts and Guides HQ, Library furniture, Walkers are Welcome, Love Burley, Unique.
- Funding and acquisition of new play equipment in the playground.
- Establishment of new Roundhouse Garden, communal herb gardens, vegetable garden and Village Green flower bed.
- Organising the litter picking initiative through the Wharfedale Wombles.
- New recycled plastic seats around the village for all to enjoy (inc Roundhouse)
- New village web site
- Quarterly newsletters.
- Carry on with our regular events, litter picking and maintenance of pavilion, gardens and raised beds, grounds, hanging baskets and tubs, and the village pond.
- Merger with Burley Educational Trust (completed on 19th December) to provide specific funds in the village for educational purposes.
- Improve walking and access around the village for all abilities and ages including provision for more benches on the village perimeter.
- Install village information boards at the Station and near the Grange
- Continued support for the wellbeing and Men’s Shed initiatives
- Assist other village organisations with funding
- Assessment of options on youth provision.
- Pump track for the Recreation Ground
- Fellow trustees of BWCT and BET
- All volunteers who have helped with various Trust activities and initiatives
and ensured that the Trust remains a vital part of Burley in Wharfedale village life.
- All other volunteers in the village during a difficult time for all.
- Other local organisations that have helped with events, activities and projects during the year
- Burley Parish Council, Coop, Shipley Community Chest and Waitrose
- Individual donors, businesses and our membership.
Anybody who I have forgotten.
Duncan Ault: Chair BWCT January 2022